What is the Student Success Leadership Institute?
The Student Success Leadership Institute is a project funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation that brings together teams of 8 to 10 members from all 23 participating community colleges to achieve the goals and outcomes listed below.
SSLI Key Goals and Outcomes
- Implementation of structured pathways reforms
- Adoption of institutional policies and practices that meet the needs of students
- Development of a cadre of leaders engaged in transformational change
- Stronger campus completion plans
- Increase in the course completion rate and student success points
The OACC and the colleges are assisted in these efforts by a large team of state and national partners, including the Community College Research Center, Jobs for the Future, Public Agenda, the National Center for Inquiry & Improvement, the Ohio Department of Higher Education, and the Ohio Completion by Design (CbD) cadre.